Actress Amanda McDonough answers some questions from her last video and talks about 5 common Deaf myths.
1. Amount of hearing loss differs between individual Deaf people. Deaf doesn’t mean complete silence.
2. Some Deaf people can talk.Some can and chose not to and others never learned to speak.
3. Not all Deaf people know sign language.
4. Deaf people can drive and get drivers licenses.
5. You can’t tell someone is Deaf just by looking at them.
SG Mission: to serve our viewers by providing reliable, valuable, and important Deaf community oriented information in every newcast.