This season of “Dancing with the Stars” continues to be incredibly interesting, if for no other reason than that there is such a wide tapestry of people who we think could win in one situation or another. Do we think that there is a favorite by a decent margin? Sure, but at the same time there are four people left who we’d argue at least have some sort of a shot.
As always with this contestant rankings, we’re basing ’em on scores, voting history, and to a certain extent, the edit on the show so far.
6. Jodie Sweetin and Keo Motsepe (last week: 6) – In a way, we feel for Jodie since she really is a solid dancer. She’s just on a season that is so incredibly stacked with really good people that it’s hard to envision her making it another week or two. She’s currently in last place, and with us having a perfect record so far this season for predicting boots on elimination weeks, it’s not looking good.
5. Antonio Brown and Sharna Burgess (5) – What Antonio has going for him now is the lion’s share of the NFL voting audience; also, Pittsburgh Steeler fans in particular are super-passionate. The worry is that he’s been wildly inconsistent, so it’s easy to imagine him having an off week and going home before the finale.
4. Paige VanZant and Mark Ballas (3) – We sympathize somewhat with Paige’s edit and fears that she’s not well-liked; it’s hard to really attribute that to anything other than that we’re sure that the average “DWTS” viewer is intimidated somewhat by fighters, since similar performers in the past haven’t won the show. Paige is technically great, but we don’t see the overall support being on par with the other remaining people.
3. Wanya Morris and Lindsay Arnold (2) – Wanya has been the surprise of the season in terms of being an entertaining personality with technical skills to back it up. We even think he has a solid voting block now, and could win other seasons. However, the top 2 right now just have an extraordinary amount going for them.
2. Ginger Zee and Val Chmerkovskiy (4) – Val right now may when the MVP of the season for what he’s done working with Ginger in spite of a busy travel schedule. She’s been incredibly impressive, she’s got a huge platform in “Good Morning America” on her side, and we also think there’s that relatability here because she has the most “normal” job of the six remaining people.
1. Nyle DiMarco and Peta Murgatroyd (1) – We’re not sure we’re moving Nyle from the leaderboard the rest of the season; he had a more positive edit this past week, he’s still an inspirational story, and he’s getting the best scores and working hard. Get this guy in a finale, and we have a hard time picturing him losing.
Who do you think is in the best spot right now on “Dancing with the Stars”? Share below, and head over here for some further news on the show! Also, sign up over here to secure some other TV news on all we cover, sent right over to you via our official CarterMatt Newsletter. (Photo: ABC.)
Check Out Some Similar Stories