Competition is getting intense and Monday’s episode of ABC’s “Dancing with the Stars” will be the last for two couples, as week 7 will feature double elimination. The eight couples remaining on the show are all good dancers and anyone could be eliminated. But bets are on Kim Fields and her partner Sasha Faber and Jodie Sweetin and Keo Motsepe being sent home at the end of the hour.
Interestingly, Nyle DiMarco and his partner Peta Murgatroyd and Paige VanZant and her dancing partner Mark Ballas are two couples who are likely to stay on top this week as well.
Deaf contestant DiMarco has been consistent in his performances, vowing judges more than once with his sense of rhythm and timing. But last week it looked like all the praise had gone to his head, when the model commented that his only competition was professional dancer Val Chmerkovskiy.
“I think my competition right now is Val [Chmerkovskiy],” DiMarco admitted to a producer who then asked if he meant to say Val and his partner Ginger Zee. “No, I mean Val! Val himself,” DiMarco answered.
This comment did not please judge Len Goodman, who asked DiMarco not to compare himself to professional dancers. “You’re a good dancer, but don’t start saying ‘I’m as good as Val,’ because you’ll just annoy people,” said Goodman. “It’s ridiculous.”
“Dancing with the Stars” airs Mondays on ABC. Find below the songs and routines that will be performed on Monday, May 2:
- Kim Fields and Sasha Farber – Samba (Song: “ABC” by Jackson 5)
- Von Miller and Witney Carson –Salsa (Song: “A Little Less Conversation” by Elvis Presley)
- Jodie Sweetin and Keo Motsepe– Quickstep (Song: “For Once in My Life” by Stevie Wonder)
- Paige VanZant and Mark Ballas –Jive (Song: “Proud Mary” by Tina Turner)
- Nyle DiMarco and Peta Murgatroyd – Foxtrot (Song: “Beautiful Day” by U2)
- Ginger Zee and Val Chmerkovskiy –Viennese Waltz (Song: “I Have Nothing” by Whitney Houston)
- Wanya Morris and Lindsay Arnold –Foxtrot (Song: “I Say a Little Prayer” by Aretha Franklin)
- Antonio Brown and Sharna Burgess – Tango (Song “Paint it Black” by the Rolling Stones)