The Ernakulam Lourdes Hospital is organising a camp to detect free of cost those in need of cochlear implants at the Public Library Hall here on May 14 and 15 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. The camp will be led by cochlear implant surgeon George Kuruvila Thamarapally.
At a press conference here, hospital authorities said the treatment would be free for children up to 5 years of age who have registered with the Ali Yavar Jung National Institute for the Hearing Handicapped. In special cases, this concession will be extended to children up to 11 years of age. — Special Correspondent
Please Wait while comments are loading…
1. Comments will be moderated by The Hindu editorial team.
2. Comments that are abusive, personal, incendiary or irrelevant cannot be published.
3. Please write complete sentences. Do not type comments in all capital letters,
or in all lower case letters, or using abbreviated text.
(example: u cannot substitute for you, d is not ‘the’, n is not ‘and’).
4. We may remove hyperlinks within comments.
5. Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name, to avoid rejection.
SG Mission: to serve our viewers by providing reliable, valuable, and important Deaf community oriented information in every newcast.