What happens if I disagree with a PIP decision?

If you disagree with a PIP decision, you can ask the DWP to formally reconsider it. The DWP will encourage you to submit any other relevant evidence. It’s now necessary by law for the DWP to have a formal reconsideration of a decision on benefit entitlement before claimants can lodge an appeal. This means that a second DWP team member will look at the evidence again to make sure the decision is fair.

If you are unhappy with the DWP’s formal reconsideration, you can make an appeal directly to Her Majesty’s Courts and Tribunals Service (HMCTS). Details of how to do this will be in the reconsideration letter.

For more information please visit : http://www.actiononhearingloss.org.uk/supporting-you/benefits-and-personal-independence-payment/what-happens-if-i-disagree-with-a-pip-decision.aspx

(Visited 5 times, 1 visits today)