Read Time:2 Minute, 0 Second
Position: Case Manager
|Supervisor: Director of Health Education/Services
||FTE: 50% FTE
|Location: Los Angeles
||Department: Health Education/Services
EFFECTIVE DATE: JULY 1, 2015
Health Care Access Case Management Program will increase accessibility within the healthcare delivery system for deaf and hard of hearing consumers, and maximize health care knowledge and use of services through provision of one-to-one direct services, group workshops as well as technical assistance for health care service providers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the supervision of the Director of Health Education/Services, using the guidelines of the assigned scope of work, the Case Manager will:
- Provide one-to-one case management services to deaf and hard of hearing consumers;
- Coordinate health-related group workshops;
- Compile and modify health education-related materials and handouts;
- Provide technical assistance to healthcare service providers to increase awareness of d/hh community, communication access and referrals;
- Develop and maintain tracking system and data collection;
- Administer evaluation tools and assist with progress reports;
- Promote case management services and workshops via GLAD’s social media and exhibition booths at d/hh-related events;
- Perform such tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
Applicants must possess a B.A. and a minimum of 2 years experience in health education or deafness related services. Applicants must possess background knowledge of health and have experience in providing one-to-one peer counseling with deaf and hard of hearing consumers. Experience in providing workshops/trainings desirable. Fluency in sign language and ability to communicate with and relate to deaf and hard of hearing consumers of varying communication modes and language skills required. Applicants must possess the ability to function in a team environment and be willing to drive long distances as needed. Applicant must be a flexible self-starter and a resourceful team player; detail-oriented with strong organizational skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills; the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and sometimes with competing deadlines; excellent interpersonal skills and at all times be capable of maintaining a cooperative relationship with co-employees, directors, employers, community members, other agencies and the CEO. Punctuality and reliability are required. Applicants must be able to handle confidential situations; have the ability to work independently, take initiative and thrive under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
Must have reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license and current automobile insurance as required by law.
(Visited 7 times, 1 visits today)