The Deaf Short Film Festival 2015 has two parts:
– The Deaf Short Film Competition 2015
– The Deaf Short Film Festival
For the Deaf Short Film Competition, people are welcome to form a team and make and enter new films into the Deaf Short Film Competition. Check out the NZDSFF website for further information on the entry guidelines and rules.
The Deaf Short Film Festival includes the following:
– Film Screenings of those films entered into the competition. Screenings will be held on Friday 4th and Saturday 5th September 2015, at Nga Taonga (formerly New Zealand Film Archives).
– Q + A Panel of film people to be held on Friday evening 4th September. This is an the opportunity for the general public to ask questions to those people involved in making films or involved in this industry.
– A mobile film competition to be held Saturday 5th September, in the morning. This is a fun opportunity for people to get together and form a team to make a movie in 3 hours, using only smartphones and no editing software!
– Film Awards Function and Dinner to be held on the evening of Saturday 5th September, at Macs Brewery at Wellington’s waterfront.
– The Biennial General Meeting – this will be held on Sunday morning 6th September and brings together the national Deaf Short Film Festival Committee and anyone else interested in having a say in the future of the Deaf Short Film Festival.