Hi everyone! I’m Jennifer and I am your advocate here at DCARA!
Guess what?! Alameda County Housing Authority (HACA) is offering Section 8 Wait List lottery online!
What is Section 8? Section 8 is a program helps low income, elderly and disabled tenants afford housing.
Qualifications to apply:
1. Must be 18 years old or older
2. On application, at one person must be a U.S. citizen, eligible immigrant or violence against women act (VAWA) petitioner.
3. None of you are registered on the sex offender registration program.
4. No convictions of drug related criminal activity for production or manufacture of methamphetamine on federally assisted housing.
5. Your income must match the household size and income limit chart:
1 Person – $32,550
2 Persons – $37,200
3 Persons – $41,850
4 Persons – $46,450
5 Persons – $50,200
6 Persons – $53,900
7 Persons – $57,600
8 Persons – $61,350
9 Persons – $65,030
10 Persons – $68,746
11 Persons – $72,462
12 Persons – $76,178
Over 100,000 people will apply but only 5 thousand people will be picked!
You want to apply for Section 8 but need help applying? Come to DCARA and see me.
Where? 14895 E. 14th St Suite 200 San Leandro 945678.
When? Between August 5th and August 11th
Time: from 9-4pm and it will take one hour or less to apply online.
On the application, you must put down each person who will live with you. The application will ask for your name and their names, SSN and their SSNs, dates of birth and total yearly gross income before taxes.
Make sure to have all information ready when you come to meet with me.
Want to know more information?
Email Jennifer.Spensieri@dcara.org or VP 510 343 6673.
Hope to see you there!
SG Mission: to serve our viewers by providing reliable, valuable, and important Deaf community oriented information in every newcast.