The World Federation of the Deaf (WFD) seeks expressions of interest from individuals desiring to serve as WFD Experts together with other specialists in different fields of expertise. The overall objective of the WFD Expert Groups is to assist the WFD Secretariat in their daily work by providing specific expertise, guidance and advice related to their field of knowledge. Applicants can see examples of previous Expert Groups work on Position Papers and Statements on our website.
A coordinator will be appointed to each of the Expert Groups to lead the Group’s work, guided by Terms of Reference based on the WFD Strategy 2020-2030, the WFD Action Plan 2020-2023, and the priorities as outlined by the WFD Board.
The WFD is seeking a coordinator and a number of expert members for each of the five Expert Groups:
1. WFD Expert Group on Human Rights with an intersectional focus on issues concerning Women, Children and Youth, CODAs, Senior Citizens, LGBT, Deafblind persons, deaf with disabilities, among others.
2. WFD Expert Group on Education covering Early Intervention and Lifelong Learning and the realisation of Article 24 CRPD and achievement of SDG 4
3. WFD Expert Group on Sign Language and Deaf Studies
4. WFD Expert Group on Accessibility including Information Accessibility, Technology and Sign Language Interpretation.
5. WFD Expert Group on Health including access to health care, including mental health.
For more information, please see www.wfdeaf.org/
Applications are due 18 March 2020
SG Mission: to serve our viewers by providing reliable, valuable, and important Deaf community oriented information in every newcast.